Sarah Fulton, marketing director at Spur Impact, discusses the #MILLSUMMIT held in Wilmington on Delaware Spotlight.
“The #MILLSUMMIT is an exciting professional development conference for Millennials, and it takes place this summer in Delaware.” Named Top Young Professionals Conference in U.S by Andrea Brenholz, CEO & President at ATR International
“More than 1,000 of Millennials, individuals aged 22 up to 35, from dozens of local and national organizations are expected to convene at the Chase Center in Wilmington for the third annual #MILLSUMMIT.” WilmToday
“The thing that makes the #MILLSUMMIT such a great event is that year after year, it proves to be the best place to make new connections, launch new initiatives, and collaborate with the next generation of leaders in Delaware. As the conference grows, it continues to elevate Delaware as a hub for entrepreneurship and innovative ideas.” Delaware Business Now
“The world always needs new ideas, new solutions, and new leaders to make bigger impacts. The #MILLSUMMIT is our region’s unique opportunity to convene hundreds of our best and brightest with their peers from other cities and states.” Delaware Online
“Millennials are connecting at the #MILLSUMMIT; they are creating alliances and chasing new ideas. They are collaborating on business ventures, reinvigorating downtown Wilmington, engaging in activism on the social and political issues that affect future generations, and sustaining industries integral to the success of our state.” Delaware Online
5 Reasons to Attend #MILLSUMMIT 2019
The Millennial Summit is a two day experience at the Chase Center on the Wilmington Riverfront, designed for young professionals who want to make an impact in their career field and community. There are thousands of reasons to snag a ticket and join us at the Chase Center this August. Here are a few of our favorites...
1. All the coolest people will be under one roof right here in Wilmington. We attract a wide range of professionals, from budding entrepreneurs to non-profit leaders to accomplished artists. Mingle and network with the movers and shakers of Delaware - and beyond.
Our 2019 Keynote Speakers:
America’s Got Talent Champion, Kechi Okwuchi: a Nigerian-born young woman with an incredible voice and an even more breath-taking story.
The man behind the mission, Clay Mowry: the VP of marketing for Blue Origin, Jeff Bezos’ space exploration company.
All-Star entrepreneur, Del Johnson: a Principal at Backstage Capital, a VC fund that specifically invests in underrepresented founders.
Top innovator and author, Wayne Kimmel: Sports Tech VC at SeventySix Capital and named in Philadelphia Business Journal’s Power 100.
2. Gain new skills or refine your existing skill set. The Millennial Summit offers a variety of tracks, including Nonprofit, Finance, Wellness, Leadership, Government, Arts, and Entrepreneurship. Follow one track all day and expand your expertise, or mix it up and discover the right blend of skills to catapult you to the next level.
3. Explore how your passion can spur change in your community. At its core, the Millennial Summit is about empowering you to make a difference. Co-founder Rob Herrera says, “Our generation wants to get involved. But too often, it’s hard to connect with organizations that are already working on finding sustainable solutions to various problems. We built the #MILLSUMMIT to bring everyone together under one roof to spark real dialogue and positively spur impact in our community.”
4. Don’t miss out on this valuable experience. There are a lot of soft skills and benefits to attending the Millennial Summit. But let’s get real - what does the cost of your ticket really get you? In addition to all of the programming and networking opportunities you’ll have, stop by our exhibitor hall to get a free professional headshot, enjoy a healthy lunch, and join us after the conference for a free happy hour!
5. Take a break from ordinary. This is not your parents’ networking conference. This isn’t a stuffy business conference where you have to wear a suit and race to collect the most business cards. Instead, you can win prizes for being active on social media or kick some butt playing corn hole out in the lobby. There’s plenty to learn, but more importantly, there’s plenty of fun to be had, too!
2019 #MILLSUMMIT Highlights
2018 #MILLSUMMIT Highlights
2nd Annual Millennial Summit Conference (WilmToday, July 19, 2018)
The Return of the Millennial Summit (Technical.ly Delaware, July 23, 2018)
MillSummit Coming in August (Delaware Business Now, July 28, 2018)
Tapp Network is a Proud Sponsor of Millennial Summit's Nonprofit Luau (Tapp Network, July 31, 2018)
Nonprofit Luau Launches at 2nd Annual Millennial Summit (WilmToday, July 31, 2018)
Connolly Gallagher Lawyer Slated Millennial Panel Speaker (Law.com, July 31, 2018)
On the Town: Riverfront Blues, Famous Locals, and Millennials (WDEL, August 2, 2018)
The Millennials Are Coming (LinkedIn Pulse, August 4, 2018)
Video: 'Awesome': 2nd Millennial Summit draws nearly 600 to Wilmington riverfront (WDEL, August 8, 2018)
Young Professionals Turn Out Big for Inspiration and Networking at Millennial Summit (Town Square Delaware, August 8, 2018)
Video: What do Wilmington and Delaware have to offer today's millennials? (WDEL, August 8, 2018)
Why this inspiring event for Millennials keeps growing (Technical.ly Delaware, August 9, 2018)
Statewide Delaware Young Professionals Host Second Annual Millennial Summit (LinkedIn Pulse, August 9, 2018)
The Millennial Summit: Inspiration and Growth for All (WilmToday, August 9, 2018)
Video: The 2nd Annual Millennial Summit Recap (WITN22Wilm, August 13, 2018)
Networking Grows Beyond Business Cards and Networking (Delaware Business Times, October 2, 2018)
2017 #MILLSUMMIT Highlights
Need a reason to convince your boss why you should go to #MILLSUMMIT? We have 5 good reasons for you here. (WilmToday, June 14, 2017)
Having Trouble Managing & Retaining the Millennial Workforce? (WilmToday, July 6, 2017).
Delaware's First Millennial Summit is Coming to the Chase Center Aug. 1 (Technical.ly Delaware, July 12, 2017)
Inaugural Millennial Summit to be Held in Wilmington Next Month (The News Journal, July 14, 2017)
Delaware's First Millennial Summit Attracts Google, Microsoft, Global Leaders (Town Square Delaware, July 14, 2017)
250 Expected To Attend Millennial Summit at Chase Center (Delaware Business Now, July 17, 2017)
Delaware's Inaugural Millennial Summit Engages Local and Global Business Leaders (HuffPost, July 20, 2017)
Wilmington University, BNY Mellon, PNC Host 1st Annual Business Strategy Simulation Contest at August 1 Millennial Summit (Wilmington University, July 21, 2017)
5Q: Charlie Vincent, Organizer for Millennial Summit (Delaware Business Times, July 28, 2017)
2017 Millennial Summit Held Today (Delaware Business Times, August 1, 2017)
Video: What do millennials like about Wilmington? What do they think is missing? (WDEL, August 1, 2017)
Millennials in Delaware unite to inspire innovation and change (Newsworks.org/WHYY August 1, 2017)
Kosovo Ambassador, Local Leaders at Millennial Summit: Ideas, Courage Matter (Town Square Delaware, August 2, 2017)
Millennial Summit: It’s about Delaware’s economic future (Technical.ly Delaware, August 2, 2017)
Video: Thriving arts scene viewed as critical in bringing millennials to Wilmington (WDEL, August 2, 2017)
DSCC Talks Legislative Involvement & Nonprofit Leadership at Inaugural Millennial Summit (Delaware State Chamber of Commerce, August 2, 2017)
Delaware Conference Engages Millennials to Make an Impact (HuffPost, August 3, 2017)
Video: Sights and Sounds - 2017 Millennial Summit - August 1, 2017 (WITN22, August 4, 2017)